I caught Che standing, he can only keep it together for a few moments before he gets so excited he propels himself into a sitting position. Then there was the rock eating incident this afternoon. One minute we're both enthusiastically pulling stray grass and weeds from the edge of the walk, then he's silently rolling something around in his mouth. I scoot up next to him and he starts to giggle and scoot away, but not before I saw it. With a quick pluck from mom it was out, now we know he really is like Mikey. There is no pause to savor the moment button, the break neck speed at which he is turning into the little boy I've been waiting for is at times overwhelming. Then I think about all the fun we're going to have...and I relax. This has to be the most difficult and most rewarding job in the universe.
No comments:
Post a Comment