Today for lunch Che ate red beans and corn bread, they were mushed together and I couldn't keep it coming fast enough for baby grunts a lot. We really are raising a foodie, I think we started in the womb but I never expected my nearly eight month old to applaud after each bite. So far some of the odd food combinations I've presented have worried me more than necessary. Some of the varieties are Pico De Gallo Pea's , Carrot with Parmesan, yogurt, red onion and garlic, garbanzo beans and spinach with garlic, and green beans with tamari and sesame. These are just a few of the combinations I prepare just for him, some of the things he wants to try that he ends up loving have been shocking, hummus was obvious but muhammra (a spread/dip made of roasted red pepper and walnuts) really surprised me, any sandwich, taco or burrito is worth a bite too. He really gets upset when you don't share, it can turn into an awkward situation very quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment